Thursday, July 24, 2008

36 week NST (non stress test) and Prenatal Check

Well today was my weekly prenatal exam and NST. The NST went well. Baby showed 3 good intervals of movement with an increased heart rate each time. It only took about 30 minutes or so. I visited with Cheri, my midwife after the NST, it was basically the same routine stuff. Head is down, but not engaged, everything looking good. She was pleased with the results at fetal-maternal medicine, however she does disagree with the fetal measurement, she thinks baby Risser will be smaller than Dr. Bayliss' prediction. Only time will tell who is correct!
I had the Strep-B culture done today and Cheri checked me to see if anything was going on. (ouch). Unfortunatly, no effacement, thinning, or dialtion at this point :( what a downer. At this point I am planning on not going into Labor til right around my due date.
Every one keeps saying "you are so close" yet it feels so far away. Up until this point the pregnancy has gone super fast. I just seem to be getting impatient at this point! I told cheri I am just going to try to stay active, and pray things happen on their own in God's time. If we are coming up on 39 weeks and nothing is changing, we will need to make some decisions. Induction is not completely safe, or effective with VBAC canidates, so, if my body can't start things on their own by my due date, it looks I will be having a c-section. At this point I can decide whatever I want. It would seem so easy to just schedule a c-section for a week or two from now, however, I would love nothing more than to wait it out and put things in God's hands. So that's where it stands as of now! My water could break tomorrow, only God knows, and up until this point, he seems to have had a plan which has all worked out for this Baby. please continue to pray for peace over the next few weeks for Eric and I. I am getting increasingly nervous for labor or surgery (neither is fun I know) but is so worth the tiny miracle we have waited so long for. I can't even imagine what it will like to meet Baby Risser for the first time, in the delivery room or the Operating room. It is just going to be one of the most amazing moments of our lives.
here are my stats, nothing too shocking......

blood pressure: 110/60 (an all time pregnancy high for me)!!!
weight gain in 2 weeks: 1 pound (for a grand total of 24 pounds)
measurement: none specified today
NST: PASS
Labor progress: 0% effaced and 0 cm dialted
next appointment and NST: WEDNESDAY July 30 w/Dr. Eichenlaub

1 comment:

Kathy said...

Glad to hear that all is well. Sounds like it's going to be one day at a time. We'll keep praying that everything continues on a good path and Baby Risser arrives within a month. Can't wait to meet this little guy!